Saturday, May 09, 2009

new culture, nice to meet you!

I would like to tell you something, something I'll tell you just now. I hope everybody who read this post don't discover anything new, and I also hope everybody get bored with the video I'm attaching. In fact it is not very common to want your post to bore the readers but I’ve got a reason, a reason that deserves your boredom. I’ll tell you the reason later. First, please, watch the video. Then you can continue reading. Thank you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EwsNKkVPog


And the reason is simple: if videos like the one I post weren’t necessary for our society, if people didn’t need to read that kind of message, it would mean we are responsible and good human beings. It has nothing to do with moral: it’s a question of loving everyone who is like us and in the same way, or even more, the ones who are different. It’s a question of being ourselves but realizing the world is watched by thousands of eyes. It’s not a question of sharing or letting other cultures be like us, is a question of everyone acting as the person he is, having his own place and doing all this next to other people who do the same. It’s a question of growing up once and for all.
I'm not against this kind of videos being made, but wouldn't the world be much great if they weren't completely obvious?

1 comment:

Nuria Vidal said...

Yeah! I probably agree with you but I'd like to state a few thoughts here!

I do believe that the fact about diversity should be discussed and encouraged in schools BUT...

This video is not attractive at all. The same things could be said in a more direct and engaging way. The video is too formal, only a certain type of people (learners) would understand what it means but if they'd have presented the idea within a story it'd have been different. Don't you think?

Concerning your language I'd say that you should revise the first paragraph. Your verb tenses are a bit messy... Can you see that?